1996 Smithsonian Institution Commemorative Silver Dollar Proof
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - PREVIOUSLY OWNED. Once they are gone we may not get any more. Sold As Is - NON-REFUNDABLE.
The 1996 Smithsonian Institution commemorative silver dollar proof coin was minted to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Smithsonian Institution's founding. This precious commemorative is a great purchase for yourself or as gifts to those who love history and collecting coins.
This coin set originally belonged to a coin collector who stored it in our safe for years. Eventually we acquired his collection in the condition he left it and other than sealing it in plastic it is sold as he left it - The plastic containers have never been opened.
Note: Anyone wishing to purchase multiple coins or sets of coins, please contact us and we will work with pricing.
Features of the Coins:
- Condition: Proof - In original box exactly how it arrived from the U.S. Government
- Mint: Philadelphia Mint and has a "P" mint mark
- Weight: 26.730 grams
- Composition of 90% silver & 10% copper
- Set Includes:
- One coin - Obverse: Smithsonian Castle flanked by laurel leaves, and the reverse depicts an allegorical figure with the torch of knowledge (based on the Smithsonian's gold Langley medal)
- The set is housed in its original government sleeve and box
- Certificate of authenticity
The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, Federal, State and Local laws.
Shipping is done Monday-Friday (federal holidays and weekends excluded). Orders received after 3:00pm EST will be processed the following business day. DC and/or tracking numbers will be provided once item is shipped.
Requests received for address changes will require the order to be CANCELED and the order will need to be repurchased with the corrected information.
This item is NON-REFUNDABLE.
All collector items and/or items (or group of items purchased together) that cost over $100.00 will be shipped SIGNATURE REQUIRED.