1996 Smithsonian Institution Commemorative Silver Dollar Proof
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - PREVIOUSLY OWNED. Once they are gone we may not get any more. Sold As Is - NON-REFUNDABLE.
The 1996 Smithsonian Institution commemorative silver dollar proof coin was minted to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Smithsonian Institution's founding. This precious commemorative is a great purchase for yourself or as gifts to those who love history and collecting coins.
This coin set originally belonged to a coin collector who stored it in our safe for years. Eventually we acquired his collection in the condition he left it and other than sealing it in plastic it is sold as he left it - The plastic containers have never been opened.
Note: Anyone wishing to purchase multiple coins or sets of coins, please contact us and we will work with pricing.
Features of the Coins:
- Condition: Proof - In original box exactly how it arrived from the U.S. Government
- Mint: Philadelphia Mint and has a "P" mint mark
- Weight: 26.730 grams
- Composition of 90% silver & 10% copper
- Set Includes:
- One coin - Obverse: Smithsonian Castle flanked by laurel leaves, and the reverse depicts an allegorical figure with the torch of knowledge (based on the Smithsonian's gold Langley medal)
- The set is housed in its original government sleeve and box
- Certificate of authenticity
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.