22 Silver Mercury Dimes 1923-1945
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - PREVIOUSLY OWNED. Once they are gone we may not get any more. Sold As Is - NON-REFUNDABLE.
All 22 are sold together as one. Fantastic set of collectors coins or to use as gifts for family and friends. The collection are in very collectible Condition. They all still hold great detail as can be seen on the photos.
According to Wikipedia: The Mercury dime is a ten-cent coin struck by the United States Mint from late 1916 to 1945. Designed by Adolph Weinman and also referred to as the Winged Liberty Head dime, it gained its common name as the obverse depiction of a young Liberty, identifiable by her winged Phrygian cap, was confused with the Roman god Mercury. Weinman is believed to have used Elsie Stevens, the wife of lawyer and poet Wallace Stevens, as a model. The coin's reverse depicts a fasces, symbolizing unity and strength, and an olive branch, signifying peace.
This coin set originally belonged to a coin collector who stored it in our safe for years. Eventually we acquired his collection in the condition he left it and other than sealing it in plastic it is sold as he left it. I have weighted the coins and they do not react to a magnet.
Note: Anyone wishing to purchase multiple coins or sets of coins, please contact us and we will work with pricing.
Features of the Coin:
- Collection of 17 coins:
- Condition: Very Collectable Shape -A couple do have dents on the edges, lost original luster but otherwise great shape
- 1 - 1923p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 1 - 1927p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 1 - 1927s (San Francisco Mint)
- 1 - 1940p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 1 - 1941d (Denver Mint)
- 3 - 1941p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 2 - 1942p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 3 - 1943p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 2 - 1943s (San Francisco Mint)
- 1 - 1944d (Denver Mint)
- 2 - 1944p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- 1 - 1945d (Denver Mint)
- 3 - 1945p (Philadelphia Mint - no mint mark)
- Each Coin
- Years of minting: 1916–1945 for commerce, 2016 as a gold commemorative
- Silver: 0.07234 troy oz
- Composition: .900 silver.100 copper; 2016:.9999 gold
- Value: 10 cents (0.10 US dollars)
- Gold: (2016 only) 0.10000 troy oz
- Diameter: 17.91 mm (0.705 in)
- Edge: 118 reeds
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.