Vintage WWII US Army Enlisted Wool Field Shirt w/Gas Flap
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - PREVIOUSLY OWNED. Once they are gone, we may not get any more. Sold As Is - NON-REFUNDABLE.
This is a used 3rd Pattern Field Shirt with the Internal Gas Flap. This shirt has all of the brown buttons, including the two on the back of the collar. It is made of a light weight wool material. There are a couple rips or tears and there is one moth hole on back (see photos). It also has a couple dirt stains on the pockets.
The 3rd pattern eliminated the elbow reinforcements and introduced the internal gas flap. This was a flap of material that is buttoned across inside the front opening to prevent gas or chemicals coming into contact with the skin. These flaps would often be removed by soldiers in the field.
Excellent choice for any collector, person searching for Halloween attire, or simply a fantastic jacket for regular use.
Features of the Jacket:
- Condition: Good Shape - All buttons are in excellent condition, Interior of jacket is in perfect condition, There are a couple rips or tears and there is one moth hole on back (see photos), It also has a couple dirt stains on the pockets (do not know if they will wash out).
- Size: No size indicated on shirt
- Approximate 17" Shoulder to Shoulder
- Approximate 24" Sleeve length shoulder to bottom cuff
- Approximate 21" Across Armpit to Armpit
- Approximate 31" Length on Back
- Approximate 38" around Waist
- Patches etc.:
- 85th Infantry Patch
- Corporal Patch
- Inside tags: None
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.