Vietnam War U.S. Air Force Us Army MA1 Flight Jacket
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - USED. NON-REFUNDABLE ITEM. Once they are gone we may not get any more.
Original USAF (and us army aviation) L-2B men’s flying jacket. This jacket has badges attached to the right shoulder (Vietnam War Patch US Air Force 430th Tactical Fighter Squadron) and right chest (Tactical Air Command) and on left chest above the name tape is the Pilot Wings patch. All of the badges have been machine stitched to the jacket and appear original to the jacket. Inside the jacket is a label which states “ Jacket Flying Men’s Intermediate, Type MAI SPEC. MIL-J-8279A (USAF), Stock No. 8415-273-3972, Order No. AF 33-(602)-8330, Size XLarge, Rolen Sportwear Co. 58% Wool 42% Cotton, Dry Clean Only, US Property”. The jacket is in excellent but used condition, all the zips and press studs work. The only issue to the jacket is a little bit of moth hole damage to the ribbing (the outer shell is in excellent condition.
Features of the Jacket:
- Condition: Used – Excellent (name tag has been removed & a little bit of moth hole damage to the ribbing - see pictures)
- The only holes/damages are in the ribbing (moth holes) 5 small ones around the collar (3 are very small), 3 around the right arm ribbing - again small. The inside strap to hold the jacket onto a hook is torn away on one side. All repairable. The USAF log on the left arm is faded. Zipper works great and all the snaps are fine. All in all a fantastic jacket if it will fit you.
- Size: XLarge
- 1, chest, pit to pit: 26.5"
- 2, shoulder to shoulder: 19"
- 2, sleeve length from shoulder: 25" including ribbing
- 3, back length from bottom neck seam (nape): 23"
- Manufacturer: Rolen Sportswear Co.
- Badges: 1) Vietnam War Patch US Air Force 430th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 2) Tactical Air Command, and 3) Pilot Wings
- US Air Force Stamped w/logo on left shoulder
- Inside Label: “ Jacket Flying Men’s Intermediate, Type MAI SPEC. MIL-J-8279A (USAF), Stock No. 8415-273-3972, Order No. AF 33-(602)-8330, Size XLarge, Rolen Sporstwear Co. 58% Wool 42% Cotton, Dry Clean Only, US Property”
NOTE: Over the years we have collected items with historical interest. The majority of our memorabilia is war related and we do not wish to offend anyone. We do not support or condone war but believe that historical items can remind us of our history, teach us about specific moments in time and hopefully prevent us from reliving any manmade horrific times in history. Any items we offer are intended for collectors of memorabilia and hopefully will be used for educational purposes. All of our collectables come from our own private collection via many X-service personnel and government auctions and have included Nazi party, Holocaust, Allgemeine and Waffen SS, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Kamikaze, Japanese, Australian, U.S., British items, etc. We should not forget our past but should endeavor to learn from its mistakes. It is our hope we never forget those that have died as a result of war. May god protect them!
NOTE: The picture because it was taken outside in the early sunlight, the silver looks a little blue. These pictures don't do the item justice. It is a beautiful sword.
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.