Vintage Men's 1940s US Military Wool Field Jacket OD
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - NEW -OLD-STOCK - Small amount of DAMAGE. Once they are gone we may not get any more. Sold As Is - NON-REFUNDABLE.
Vintage military jacket from the 1940s.
The Eisenhower jacket, or "Ike" jacket, is a type of waist length jacket developed for the U.S. Army during the later stages of World War II. It was intended to be worn on its own or as an insulating layer beneath the M-43 Field Jacket. Since then there have multiple updates to the design of the field jacket. To this day, uniforms of the U.S. Border Patrol, along with most allied agencies within its broader, umbrella department, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency (USCBPA) and the National Park Service (NPS) have a dress jacket that is nearly identical to the Ike jacket original.
Features of the Jacket:
- Condition: Excellent ( Missing inside label and all the patches that were apparently attached at one time on the sleeves and on the back of the jacket - 2 very small holes from back patch and 2 very small holes on back of one of the sleeves due to age/storage), all stitching in excellent condition
- 100% Wool Exterior
- 6 button closure down face of jacket - the 6 buttons are hidden when closed, 1 button on each sleeve
- Approximate Size: Chest/armpit to armpit is 44 inches around. Shoulder seam to seam is 20 inches. Sleeve length is 24 inches 1 button on each cuff. Length is 24 inches. Bottom edge is 41 inches around
- Slide buckle to tighten slightly on both sides of the waistband
- Lined in a heavy cotton fabric
NOTE: Over the years we have collected items with historical interest. The majority of our memorabilia is war related and we do not wish to offend anyone. We do not support or condone war but believe that historical items can remind us of our history, teach us about specific moments in time and hopefully prevent us from reliving any manmade horrific times in history. Any items we offer are intended for collectors of memorabilia and hopefully will be used for educational purposes. All of our collectables come from our own private collection via many X-service personnel and government auctions and have included Nazi party, Holocaust, Allgemeine and Waffen SS, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Kamikaze, Japanese, Australian, U.S., British items, etc. We should not forget our past but should endeavor to learn from its mistakes. It is our hope we never forget those that have died as a result of war. May god protect them!
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.