WW2 US Navy Cold Weather Parka w/Hood
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - PREVIOUSLY OWNED. Once they are gone we may not get any more.
What a find. An incredible piece of history. This WW2 US Navy cold weather parka with hood is not only in great condition for its age but it has one key piece of history that you won't find anywhere else. It has the US Navy ship that it was on printed in the back - 29 TRATHEN DD530. The USS Trathen (DD-530) was a World War II-era Fletcher-class destroyer in the service of the United States Navy from 1943 to 1946 and 1951 to 1965.
One very heavy coat for the worst kind of winters.
Features of the Parka:
- Condition: The parka is in fantastsic condition overall (some minor issues – some small moth holes on sleeve, some discoloration and small amount of staining and a couple holes around the hood).
- It has one label inside, which reads: SIZE 42 NAVY DEPARTMENT Contract # N 140-2286S-382898 (a little hard to read)
- The lining: Pile - 50% alpaca, 50% wool
- The back:- 100% cotton (Pile constitutes 60% of Fabric, and Back 40%
- The parka is marked 29 TRATHEN DD530 on the back and USN on the front but the USN is barely visible
- It has a large zipper and 6 large buttons
- Size 42 - Approximate measurements below
- Shoulder to Shoulder 21"
- Armpit to Armpit 26"
- Length 40"
- Shoulder to bottom sleeve 21.5"
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.