Vintage WWII US Army Enlisted Wool Field Shirt w/Gas Flap
LIMITED ITEM. SURPLUS - PREVIOUSLY OWNED. Once they are gone, we may not get any more. Sold As Is - NON-REFUNDABLE.
This is a used 3rd Pattern Field Shirt with the Internal Gas Flap. This shirt has all of the brown buttons, including the two on the back of the collar. It is made of a light weight wool material. There are no rips or tears but there are 3 moth holes on or near right shoulder, one small one in the middle of back and another small one under the left pocket (see photos). The shirt is a size 14 1/2 x 33.
The 3rd pattern eliminated the elbow reinforcements and introduced the internal gas flap. This was a flap of material that is buttoned across inside the front opening to prevent gas or chemicals coming into contact with the skin. These flaps would often be removed by soldiers in the field.
Excellent choice for any collector, person searching for Halloween attire, or simply a fantastic jacket for regular use.
Features of the Shirt:
- Condition: Very Good Shape - All buttons are in excellent condition, Interior of jacket is in perfect condition - There are no rips or tears but there are 3 moth holes on or near right shoulder, one small one in the middle of back and another small one under the left pocket
- Material: Wool
- Size: 14 1/2 or 33
- 17'' Shoulder to Shoulder
- 24" Sleeve length shoulder to cuff
- 19" Across Armpit to Armpit
- 33" Length on Back
- Inside Stamp: D 3586
- Inside Tag: 14 1/2 x 33
- Patches etc.:
- Master Sergeant Patches on each sleeve
- WWII 82nd Army Airborne Division Patch on left sleeve
LIMITED ITEM: Limited Availability. ONCE THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT GET ANY MORE. Usually available for pickup in our store in Las Vegas, or would ship ASAP. The purchaser is responsible for conforming to all applicable Country, State and Local laws. All items with a combined total of $100.00 or any collectable items (one of a kind) will be shipped with SIGNATURE REQUIRED.